AIA New York would like to invite you to the Future of Practice Committee Kickoff Meeting on January 18 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. The committee serves as a platform for discussion on what lies ahead for architecture and the profession. At this meeting, we will officially introduce our new co-chairs, Jacob Reidel, AIA, and Andre Soluri, AIA, who will outline their vision for an active and progressive committee that is willing to address our profession’s most challenging issues in order to create a better future.
The AIANY Future of Practice Committee welcomes all individuals who are interested in joining a new community built around conversations on the future of the profession. The goal of the kickoff meeting is to identify specific interests, which will, in turn, inform the committee’s mission statement and discern potential themes and topics for meetings and programming in 2023.
We would like to hear from you, our members! Please bring your ideas and questions on the future of the profession. Below are some questions to get the brainstorm started:
- What are the structural issues within the practice of our profession that must be addressed to create a better future of practice?
- How do we address and understand disparities in the valuation of architecture and it’s practice to create a better future?
- Can we chart a better future of our profession by better understanding it’s history?
- What changes brought about by the recent pandemic do you see as temporary and what do you think will last?
- How will artificial intelligence impact the profession of architecture over the next five to ten years?
- How do you see increasing automation in fabrication and construction affecting how structures are designed and built?
- How are questions of equity and labor changing the methods , culture and timelines of practice?
- How do big data and end-user metrics inform design?
- Are there newer practice models that have emerged?
This event is offered in person and virtually; COVID-19 vaccinations and face masks are strongly encouraged for all visitors. Read our full Health and Safety Protocol here.
If you register for a virtual ticket, you will receive an email with a Zoom link to access the program.
AIANY Future of Practice Committee