*This event is occurring as a live webinar. Registrants will be emailed a link to access the program; please continue to register.*
To assist the profession in proactively anticipating the impacts of new developments on the practice of architecture, AIA New York is reconstituting its Technology and Professional Practice committees into the Future of Practice Committee. This new committee will serve as a platform for discussion on topics that have relevance to what lies ahead for architecture and the profession.
On February 18, from 6:00 – 7:00 pm, the AIANY Future of Practice Committee is launching a kickoff meeting to welcome all individuals who are interested in joining and forming a new community built around the interests of its members. The goal of the meeting is to identify our members’ specific interests, which will, in turn, inform the committee’s mission statement and discern potential themes and topics for meetings and programming in 2021.
In this meeting, we would like to hear from you, our members! Please bring your ideas and questions on the future of the profession. Below are some questions to get the brainstorm started:
- What changes brought about by the recent pandemic do you see as temporary and what do you think will last?
- How do you think artificial intelligence will impact the profession of architecture over the next five to ten years?
- How do you see increasing automation in fabrication and construction affecting how structures are designed and built?
- How are questions of equity changing methods and timelines of practice?
- Has the need to address climate change and make green buildings fundamentally changed how firms work? Will the impacts of climate change become more severe over the next five years?
- How do big data and end-user metrics inform design?
AIANY Future of Practice Committee