Preparing for Low Carbon Performance – Remote Energy Efficiency Work in Commercial Buildings
May 07, 2020
+ Add to Calendar
2020-05-07 13:00:002020-05-07 14:00:00America/New_YorkPreparing for Low Carbon Performance – Remote Energy Efficiency Work in Commercial BuildingsWhile we socially distance and keep each other safe, how do
May 07, 2020
5/7/20, 1pm - 2pm
While we socially distance and keep each other safe, how do we keep up the work of creating low-carbon offices? This session will provide strategies for continuing energy efficiency work in commercial buildings, while working remotely. Using the Commercial Tenant Program from NYSERDA as an example, we will offer ideas for off-site work, provide best-practices for virtual audits where possible, and outline business development strategies that go beyond energy savings. Attendees will also learn about how changing energy demands in commercial buildings might affect a building’s New York City Local Law 97 and Local Law 33 outcomes.
1. Utilize strategies for front-loading energy efficiency work in commercial environments
2. Identify types of projects that qualify for NY State incentives that don’t require onsite work
3. Understand how recent changes in energy usage in commercial building does or does not affect LL33 and LL97 outcomes
4. Calculate carbon penalties for different building types
5. Identify key motivations for building owners to pursue energy efficiency, beyond utility savings
Our website has detected that you are using a browser that will prevent you from accessing certain features. An upgrade is recommended to experience. Use the links below to upgrade your exisiting browser.