Please join Huggins Wood Floor Specialist “ONLINE” for our two-credit course, Engineered Wood Flooring & Specifying Commercial Wood Floors. Joe Avila, one of the world’s most renowned wood flooring specialists & wood flooring inspectors, covers how you and your firm can avoid wood flooring failures and costly lawsuits when specifying wood flooring systems. Stay up to date with the latest wood flooring trends, get informed of innovative wood flooring systems and green friendly products to save you and your clients time and money.
This seminar explores the uses and benefits of engineered wood flooring. Architect and design professionals will become more familiar with the construction and manufacturing processes of engineered wood flooring in an effort to properly specify the material for their client projects. This course assists architect and design professionals in understanding the green attributes of hardwood flooring so that they can effectively specify wood flooring for their client projects and meet potential green building program criteria. This is a 2 CEU credit course. The National Wood Flooring Association will submit the forms to IDCEC and AIA for your CEU’s approval.
Engineered Wood Flooring Learning Objectives:
– Identify the construction of engineered wood flooring and how it differs from solid wood flooring
– Understand the manufacturing process for engineered wood flooring
– Recognize when and where to specify engineered wood flooring products
– Describe the routine and long-term care and maintenance of engineered wood flooring
Specifying Commercial Wood Floors Learning Objectives:
– Recognize the differences between specifying a residential versus a commercial wood floor
– Understand the benefits of wood floors in commercial spaces
– Identify the most common subfloor used for commercial wood floors
– Explain Janka Ratings and how they determine durability
– Discuss sound control systems for commercial wood floors
– Determine finish types that work best in commercial spaces
– Recommend maintenance for commercial wood floors
Huggins Wood Floor Specialist